For our international partner, Roche Diagnostics International Ltd. based in Rotkreuz, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Software Engineer Early Development for 12 months with option for extension.
Our Core Workflow Research and Early Development team creates solution concepts for new opportunities and unmet needs related to sample and data workflows. We are part of the Core Lab RED Chapter in the Research and Early Development organization in Roche Diagnostics Solution located in Rotkreuz, Switzerland, with a global network and mindset.
Customer needs assessment & co-creation, solution concept development, de-risking, prototyping, methods and concept development are some examples of how we create value, enabling data driven decisions and providing solution concepts to be transferred to development networks.
Make your step towards customer centric and data driven workflow innovation today and join our team as a Software Engineer Early Development!
- Be the subject matter expert as a software engineer / full-stack developer for the assigned area of responsibility
- Collect and document functional and non-functional requirements and create software architectures for diagnostic laboratory automation systems or experimental breadboards
- Acquire information about software interfaces and software environments of existing solutions
- Develop functional prototypes, run software tests and support test users
- Develop advanced data security and privacy concepts for customer-centric prototyping activities, dealing with sensitive data
- Document and present findings in a multidisciplinary team, insights and proposals linked to technical and customer requirements. Create and maintain technical and user documentation
- Identify, learn and use suitable software technologies and tools
- Learn the business logic of diagnostics lab workflows
- Learn the intended user interactions with the prototyped to be developed
- Define, implement and maintain environments required for development and testing
- Develop user interfaces with the latest front end technologies following our UI guidelines, as well as back-end and other needed components
- Champion automation and evangelize lean development
- Education: Bachelor's degree, advanced degree from an Applied Science or Technical University in Computer Science, Data Science or similar with professional experience
- Experience: 5+ years related experience (Frontend & backend software development; Server / cloud deployment; Data processing; UI design; Data processing and architecture concepts; Plus: experience with CAD software environments, like Autodesk Revit etc)
- Programing languages: C# / .Net and C++, Angular, JS or other web application languages, as a plus: Python or R
- Experience with DevOps tools, such as Git, GitHub, and/or Jenkins
- Language: English, additional German is preferred.
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Personal Requirements
- Team player with good communication skills
- Be able to present and enabling decision making on development options
- Broad interest in multi-disciplinary areas like lab workflows, data science, robotics, mechanical engineering, physics etc
- Willingness to challenge and assess ideas, results and solutions, ability to compromise combined with persuasiveness
- Up to date with the latest software & IT technologies and open for trying out new solutions, learning new technical disciplines, working outside the comfort zone
- Autonomous and connected working style
- Superior technical knowledge, strong interpersonal skills, and a continuous desire to learn
- Creative implementer type with curiosity to learn, new applications, technologies and ideas and eager to realize them in a high-qualitative way
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, social origin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!