For our international medical partner, Roche Diagnostics Int Ltd based in Rotkreuz, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Senior Software Engineer for 1 year with a possible option to extend.
The candidate will develop Instrument Control software, Service software and Instrument Management SW for the Cobas 6800/8800 instruments The Instrument Control software is real-time in nature and is developed in C++ using an existing real-time framework with low-level hardware drivers and is tested using both real and simulated hardware and it is Event-Driven Architecture.
- Proactive participation in all phases of software development from feasibility studies through design, development, testing and bug fixing and maintenance
- Collaboration within the Scrum-Teams
- Independent interaction with internal framework manufacturers
- Based on requirements and models, definition of software architecture, design and specifications, ultimately leading to implementation
- Participation in the definition of work packages, their estimation and planning in a sprint-based agile environment
- Adherence to a software development process including contribution to written deliverables and documentation
- University education in a software related field such as software or electrical engineering
- Industry (practical experience after graduation) experience (4-5 years min)
- Experience with C++ and Linux
- Experience with Linux Dockers
- Experience with CAN bus
- First experience working in regulated environments such as the medical device industry
- Highly motivated with focus on deadlines and a proactive and thorough way of working
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have
- Event-Driven Architecture knowledge
- SAFe certification
- Scrum experience
- Basic scripting knowledge
- RabbitMQ knowledge
- Roche experience
- German is advantageous
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, social origin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!