For our international partner, Roche Diagnostics International Ltd. based in Rotkreuz, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Senior Software Engineer IC Core for 12 months with option for extension.
The department is responsible for the software framework which supports the development of Roche Instruments (Blood analyzers etc.).
The IC Core Team builds and maintains an Instrument Control Framework (Library) that allows instrument development teams to sustainably build and test the instrument control layer.
The team serves multiple instrument projects within Roche and instruments of different sizes.
- Performs SW-engineering tasks in all phases of the development process in adherence with the established procedures and guidelines including conduct research, design, prototyping and other exploration activities to meet Stories (for functional and nonfunctional requirements)
- Implementation of the design into code and maintaining the quality standards and metrics agreed at team level, as well as promote best SW quality practices and processes in the team
- Implementation and performance of SW-tests on unit and integration level. Write automated acceptance tests. Take part of Devops activities in the team
- Provisioning documentation on all levels (code, unit, test, …)
- Relentless improvement of the software stack and toolchain
- Close collaboration with the internal customers (Roche SW Developers)
- Collaborate with Product Owner to create and refine User Stories and Acceptance Criteria, as well as confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality with frameworks, libraries in Roche Diagnostic Instrument Control projects
- Participation in Product Increment and Iteration Plannings and reviews by analyzing the product and team backlog items, estimating the work effort, committing to the sprint and Product Increment backlog, create Iteration Plans and PI objectives, support the presentation of deliverables and participate actively in continuous improvement discussions
- Supporting the system tests and global support organization (3th level support) by analyzing incidents, problems and defects, fixing SW-defects and provisioning of patches and releases
- Very strong and in depth knowledge and experience in modern C++ (C++11 or higher) under Linux
- Hands-on experience in multi process and multithreaded application development
- Min. 5-7 years of experience as Software Engineer with software design patterns and principles and object oriented design (OOD)
- Min. 3-5 years of experience with Linux and Bash Scripting
- Experience with modern Python
- Experience with git and collaboration tools (github/gitlab/bitbucket)
- Experience in software projects with end to end responsibility with customer centricity (gathering requirements, design, development, testing, deployment)
- Feels comfortable in an agile environment
- Business fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Very effective and efficient communicator
- Open-minded and team player
Nice to Have
- Modern CMake, Debian and Jenkins experience
- Linux Containers
- Experience in medical devices or pharmaceutical environment
- Experience in real time software engineering
- University degree in software engineering
- German language skills
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, social origin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!