For our international partner, Roche Diagnostics International Ltd. based in Rotkreuz, we are looking for an additional qualified Nephrology Clinical Development Lead for one year with option for extension.
The nephrology clinical development lead is responsible for planning and implementation of clinical development activities for assigned products in nephrology.
You will design and implement a diagnostic strategy for nephrology, in close coordination with the pharma division. Activities will predominantly focus on the disaggregation of diabetic kidney disease, early response markers of renally active molecules and strategies for identification of fast progressors.
You will be participating in the nephrology disease area community (DAC), a newly created matrix of colleagues across Pharma and DIA whose goal is to cure kidney disease by providing integrated solutions to address holistic chronic kidney disease patient needs. You will be responsible for initiating and leading specific diagnostic programs in alignment with the wider DAC goals.
- Building and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional leaders across Pharma and Diagnostics, key internal and external stakeholders and other alliance partners, in meeting business goals and ensuring scientific excellence
- Preparing and leading advisory boards within nephrology
- Substantial contribution to the clinical development strategy for nephrology
- Driving competitive differentiation, innovation and early pipeline activities and develops intellectual property strategy
- Developing and managing external development partnerships (industry & academia)
- Designing scientifically sound clinical studies and study programs in cross-functional teams
- Leading clinical study design and execution, including critical review of study results, protocol and report generation to support new product development
- Leading comprehensive literature reviews, supervises collation of relevant clinical and scientific information from different sources, and creates new scientific content
- Leading medical/scientific input and preparation of regulatory submissions as well as responses to reviewers from regulatory agencies
- Maintaining clinical, regulatory, and scientific expertise as it relates to IVD product development and regulatory documentation
- Participation in external interactions with health authorities (HAs)
- Building and maintaining relationships with international opinion leaders, investigators and key customers, bringing external know-how in-house for the development of new products and innovative study designs
- Permanently optimizes processes to increase quality and efficiency standards
- Drive patient and customer-centricity (mindset, behaviors and actions) by always putting the needs of patients and the customers first
- Partner across diverse regions, cultures, and time zones to create an environment of belonging, inclusion and diversity
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to perform in a fast-paced, matrixed environment where fluid, cross-team collaboration is crucial
- Model Roche’s values of integrity, courage, and passion (culture, mindset and behaviors)
- Medical degree or advanced degree in Life Science with relevant expertise in the Healthcare Industry and/or academic institutions
- 7+ years academic, diagnostics or pharma industry experience, preferably, having experience in IVD or medical device study management in all stages of global studies, development of study protocol design, report writing and leading matrixed teams
- Experience in nephrology research or clinical development is a plus
- Ability to lead clinical development studies/programs
- Good knowledge in applicable standards and regulations (ICH-GCP, IVDD/IVDR, MDR, FDA,NMPA regulations etc) and understanding of the healthcare industry or equivalent academic experience
- Strong business acumen; has in-depth knowledge of the multidisciplinary functions involved in a company’s development process, e.g., clinical operations, biostatistics, regulatory, commercial, etc. and can proactively integrate multiple perspectives into the clinical development process and strategy for best end-results
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and negotiation skills (English)
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic mindset
- Ability to work independently
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, social origin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!