For our international partner, Roche Diagnostics International Ltd. based in Rotkreuz, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Low Level Software Architect for 12 months with option for extension.
- Interfacing with lead system engineers and other Partners in order to determine their (evolving) solution and system needs to be realized in software
- Developing working relationships with business and product managers, and software engineers and others
- Early identification of technical conflicting goals among stakeholders, elaboration and fostering of trade-off decisions
- Generating the highest level of software requirements and architecture elements, based on the user's needs and other constraints such as cost and schedule
- Ensuring that this set of high level requirements and architecture elements are consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined
- Partitioning large software systems into (successive layers of) subsystems and components each of which can be handled by a single software engineer or team of engineers
- Performing cost–benefit analyses to determine the best methods or approaches for meeting the software requirements; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components
- Ensuring consequent and correct implementation of the SW architecture: Assessing software and system issues to find solutions to them as per requirements through technical leadership
- Generating a set of acceptance test requirements, together with the designers, test engineers, and the user, which determine that all of the high level software requirements have been met, especially for the computer-human-interface
- Understanding the legacy architecture to ensure new developed architecture complies according to agreements
- Ensure data and model consistency of system components to ensure seamless system integration
- University or University of Applied Science education in a software related field such as software engineering
- Certified Software Architecture such as SEI certificate or iSAQB certificate (or proven experience)
- Profound knowledge of C++ and Microcontrollers
- At least 3 years of experience as a software architect
- At least 3 years of industry experience in engineering a mechatronic system and, or firmware development
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have
- Experience working in regulated environments such as the medical device industry would be a plus
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in PLC
- Fluent in Japanese
- Fluent in Spanish
- Fluent in German
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, social origin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!