For our international medical partner, Roche Diagnostics Int Ltd based in Rotkreuz, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Junior Development Engineer for one year with option for extension.
In a global, cross-functional environment, the System Development (SD) department is responsible for workflow optimization and successfully integrating hardware, software, consumables, and reagents to finally perform the system verification of diagnostics instruments.
As a Development Engineer, you will work as a part of a cross-functional team on product care of launched complex diagnostics systems (e.g. cobas 6800/8800), typically fluidics, robotics software, thermal, electrical, mechanical, and biochemical elements. Perform hands-on testing, including evaluations of system error handling, reliability improvements, and system performance.
- Plan and execute the work packages within the area of responsibility, including reporting and escalating issues to management
- Subject matter expert for an assigned area of responsibility
- Provide guidance and support to others
- Flexibility to transfer knowledge to different tasks/subprojects within SI
- Generate required documentation/procedures/technical reports in support of daily activities and be able to author official documents in English (e.g., Design history Files) for the preparation of milestones.
- Prepare and deliver presentations of project/test results to own or other groups
- Experimental design and execution of the experiments in the lab
- Creation of Test Cases based on Product Requirements.
- Execution of Test Cases, analysis of the results, and creation of the respective regulatory documents.
- Issue tracking and verification of bug fixes/Anomalies
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Coordinate efforts with other functional areas to accomplish tasks: hardware, Software-, Consumables-and Assay-Development
- Min. Bachelor degree in a relevant engineering, informatics, or life sciences discipline (e.g., Biotechnology, Electronic/Automation, Bio- and Process-Engineering) or corresponding job experience
- Min.1 year of experience in Software and Hardware Testing, preferably in the laboratory diagnostics and/or service & support environment
- Experience and willingness to work in a highly regulated industry and labs with biosafety levels S1 and S2
- Interest in the resolution of technical problems and interdisciplinary teamwork (labor, software, automation)
- Enthusiastic team player with good communication and collaboration skills. Solution oriented, autonomous and proactive working style.
- Working knowledge English (written and spoken)
Nice to Haves
- ISTQB foundation or higher
- German a strong asset
- Familiarity with or strong interest in software and engineering applications and tools such as programming (e.g., VBA), statistical simulation, and analysis (e.g., JMP)
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, social orifin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!