For our international medical partner, Roche Diagnostics International Ltd. in Rotkreuz, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Junior Data Engineer for one year with option for extension.
As a Data Engineer in the RMD System Development (SD) chapter, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming Data products built around RMD platforms. You will work as a team member across the complete instrument data products life cycle including architecture, design, development, test, and deployment, with the main focus of data engineering for condition based maintenance and root cause investigations.
- Understand product requirements and translate them into modeling tasks and engineering tasks
- Build robust and automated pipelines to ingest and process structured and unstructured data from source systems into analytical platforms, this will involve batch and streaming techniques as well as cloud native toolsets
- Using industry-standard and proprietary approaches to migrate data from RMD platforms to Snowflake
- Apply automation to make the most of our data platform's computation and storage resources
- Min. Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or similar (STEM)
- Min. 2 years of experience as a data engineer, preferred in a project environment
- Hands-on coding and programming experience in Python
- Experience of Data Platforms (e.g. AWS, Snowflake, Azure)
- Experience with SQL development
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), German is a plus
- Great problem solving and communication skills
- Able to prepare and create clear documentation and communicate and adapt the processes
- Ability to interpret and translate/explain technical requirements into tasks
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in an agile development environment as part of a sprint team
- Interest in PCR systems and systems reliability engineering
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, social orifin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!